It’s that time of the week again: Travel Retrospective Sunday!
Ever since I was in San Francisco in June, I’ve wanted to share all the amazing signs I photographed there. Noticing signs on the street, whether they are commercial, neon, clever, vintage, and/or abandoned, is one of my favorite things about exploring a city.
I could talk more about them, but I’ll just show them to you instead. Do you have any favorites?
Lastly, here are some weekend links! I’ve been slacking a bit on sharing my bookmarked links, so this list is a selection from the last few weeks. Enjoy!
- Ever wondered if New York City is completely devoid of quiet? New York Times readers sent in these submissions: over 700 (!!) different locations throughout the city to relax and enjoy some time away from the crowds. (via Design Mom)
- For those of us in long-term relationships, it’s so important to keep the friendship & romance alive. Dating My Husband is a lovely series over on food blog Not Without Salt.
- I love these portraits of a five-year-old dressed as five inspiring women.
- Have you looked up lately? Museums are a great place to do just that
- Another one from the NY Times: Tick Checks, Bug Spray, and Antibiotics: Summer in the Age of Lyme. The author lives in Rhode Island, but Lyme disease has affected me in the Hudson Valley, and family members on Long Island. Unfortunately, tick checks are just a fact of life for those of us in the Northeast.
- “Apostrophes should never be punished just because you’re feeling a little possessive”. Ha! Word nerd like me? You’ll love this video.
Love the sign photos 🙂 I always notice them too! My favourite has to be the ‘Motel – Geary parkway’ one. x
Thanks! I think my favorite is the handwritten one that says “No Stradamus”, haha.
These are some great signs! I never think to take pics of signs, but I love this idea!
Glad I could give you the idea, Holly!
This post just made me home sick. I miss my city! Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Andrea recently posted…Stand Your Ground: Never Become the Thing You Detest
Aw, I know what it’s like to miss where you’re from. Thanks for stopping by, Andrea 🙂
I love San Francisco! It’s one of my favorite cities. Seeing your pictures makes me yearn to go back and visit again.
One of my favorites, too! There’s always something new and/or beautiful in San Francisco!
Blue Bottle!! Yum! I used to live in SF for 1-2 years. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I miss it badly.
No problem, Tamara. I’d never seen a place like Blue Bottle before- talk about a special cup of coffee!
I love that you noticed the beauty in things others would simply pass by! I think my favorite one is the dog rinse station… 🙂
Thanks- that’s why I like having my camera with me wherever I go (learned that from my husband!), so if I see something memorable, I’m capturing it!
What a great idea for a post! Sometimes the signage is the best part about a place. I love the NoStradamus, the pizza place, and the book store! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
ps- following you on Bloglovin’
Hi Lorelai, thanks for following and stopping by to leave such an awesome comment! I’m glad you like the signs- and that book store is such a gem 🙂