It’s that time of the week again: Travel Retrospective Sunday!
Ever since I was in San Francisco in June, I’ve wanted to share all the amazing signs I photographed there. Noticing signs on the street, whether they are commercial, neon, clever, vintage, and/or abandoned, is one of my favorite things about exploring a city.
I could talk more about them, but I’ll just show them to you instead. Do you have any favorites?
Lastly, here are some weekend links! I’ve been slacking a bit on sharing my bookmarked links, so this list is a selection from the last few weeks. Enjoy!
- Ever wondered if New York City is completely devoid of quiet? New York Times readers sent in these submissions: over 700 (!!) different locations throughout the city to relax and enjoy some time away from the crowds. (via Design Mom)
- For those of us in long-term relationships, it’s so important to keep the friendship & romance alive. Dating My Husband is a lovely series over on food blog Not Without Salt.
- I love these portraits of a five-year-old dressed as five inspiring women.
- Have you looked up lately? Museums are a great place to do just that
- Another one from the NY Times: Tick Checks, Bug Spray, and Antibiotics: Summer in the Age of Lyme. The author lives in Rhode Island, but Lyme disease has affected me in the Hudson Valley, and family members on Long Island. Unfortunately, tick checks are just a fact of life for those of us in the Northeast.
- “Apostrophes should never be punished just because you’re feeling a little possessive”. Ha! Word nerd like me? You’ll love this video.