You guys, I am so happy about this spring. That’s mostly what I’m grateful for right now, this season between a lesser one and a hotter, also happy one. When it rains, I get excited because it means that everything will be even greener in a day or two and more flowers will be in bloom.
I’m grateful for new blogger friends and a feeling of momentum when it comes to this site of mine.I’m grateful for payments in the form of gift certificates. We have so many great restaurants within twenty minutes of us!
I’m grateful for my job. Spending so much time with a four-year-old boy is positive for several reasons: physical activity (though the cuddle time is nice, too), practicing being in the present moment, relearning the art of patience over and over again, and simplification. Nothing is ever complicated with little kids! They both give and want straightforward answers to questions, and as someone who tends to get carried away with every little thing, I appreciate the simplicity.
I’d love to hear: what are you grateful for this week?Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. Here are some links I’ve been saving. Enjoy!
- Brazilian Kids Learn English by Chatting with Lonely Elderly Americans [via Hither and Thither]
- This is so cool: Hand crafted, sustainable care packages from Good Box [via Bonzai Aphrodite]
- Chive blossoms are so pretty! And they’re in this yummy soup recipe!
- Great post about how valuable pets are and trusting our instincts
- From BuzzFeed: 60 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About New York City
- Design love! Maps of countries (and continents) made out of foods associated with them. [via Design Mom]
- I’ve been mulling over Canadian travel lately: 10 Ways a Trip to Quebec Will Help You Reconnect with Nature.
- Talking openly about Seasonal Affective Disorder. Thank you for the mention, Erika!
Photos in this post by my husband, Andy Milford. See more of his work here.