Yes! A second post surely means Friday Gratitude is a series now, right?
Today’s post will be a quick one, as I am in a flurry of heading down to Long Island to celebrate my birthday with my parents, as well as last-minute packing for Saturday morning’s flight (!!).
Today I am grateful for my body and how much it does for me, specifically my legs and feet that work so hard on hikes like yesterday’s. I’ll talk about Monument Mountain in a later post, but for now, let me just say that Andy and I earned that gorgeous view you see above. The start of the trail was steep, and all of it was rocky. We don’t do strenuous mountain hikes terribly often, so when we do, I expect a bit of a rough start. My, how lucky I am to have working legs and feet to do my bidding! I don’t ever want to take my physical health for granted, and hikes like that one serve to remind me how lucky I am.
Also, here’s a few links I found this week:
- Don’t get me started on my love for the films Before Sunrise and Before Sunset, or we might be here all weekend. Suffice it to say I am way excited to see the third installment, Before Midnight. If you’re a fan, too, here’s an A-Z guide to Jesse and Celine’s conversations. (via Cup of Jo)
- If you or someone you know struggles with anxiety, read this for some great insight.
- 22 Maps That Show the Deepest Linguistic Conflicts in America
- Of course, I must include something food related: the New York Times asks, What Can’t You Do With Chickpeas?
- And your new favorite dessert: Roasted Berries with Coconut and Lime
Thanks you all for your birthday wishes! It was so nice to come home and read them last night 🙂 Off to California in the morning, but look for a France post on Sunday. Have a good weekend!