I realize that last week’s Friday Gratitude post was unconventionally short. I apologize! Here’s a good one to make up for my brevity 🙂
Friday Gratitude: 10 Thing I’m Loving This Week
1. Swimming goggles! Can I tell you how much of a difference these babies have made in my swimming experience? I wear contact lenses, and I’m always scared/paranoid of losing them in the water (my mom claims she’s never had a problem- maybe it’s the brand I use??). Often, when lots of splashing or waterfalls are involved, there will be a few minutes where I’m all ‘wait…where did my lens go…’ and a mini freak-out ensues. No longer, my friends! These goggles (seen toward the bottom of this post) suction tightly to my face so there’s no worry whatsoever of losing my contacts, plus helloooo, I can see underwater now! So cool! Also, UV-protected orange tint? Yay! 🙂
2. Ladies Night! Three friends + dinner at an old favorite restaurant + enjoying the sunset at an old favorite hilltop stop. Yes yes yes.
3. Smitten Kitchen breakfast recipes! I made am ambitious-but-delicious baked ranchero egg dish from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook on Sunday, which I’m glad to say was well received at our family brunch. Then on Monday and Tuesday, I made her huevos rancheros recipe, pictured below, which was quick and easy and an instant hit in the Milford household! That woman knows how to do breakfast 🙂
4. Deer, rabbits, turtles, snakes, chipmunks, birds, squirrels, groundhogs. All of these live around our yard: some come and go, others are around all the time. Basically, picture Snow White when she’s dancing in the woods with the animals (luckily, we haven’t seen any evidence of these critters in our garden yet!)
5. Amy Poehler. Of course she’s hilarious, and her comedy is what she’s known for, but she’s also a noteworthy role model for women & young girls. Check out her awesome movement & online network, Smart Girls at the Party. Then, watch this video:
6. More laughter than tears. Need I say more?
7. These beauties, freshly picked:
8. Artist friends! Our friend Ezerd has her fabulous robot paintings up for adoption (or sale, whichever term you prefer ;)) at Barista’s Cafe in Hudson Valley Mall, and I wish I had more wall space upon which to hang these adorable creatures. Take a look at her Etsy shop and just try to not fall in love with her art!
9. Getting out and being social in spite of my anxiety. This is a drastic improvement over the winter, and even the spring. It feels good to not just hang out with friends again, but to speak up about my needs and comfort levels. (Deep breaths, always)
10. This month! I am loving July, and summer overall. I know it’s hot- as uncomfortable as we may be sometimes in bed with the windows open and our not-so-powerful fan, I love these days and nights. I love the drinkable early morning air and gentler evenings. I love not needing to bundle up to go outdoors. I love going swimming, I love the bounty of fruits and vegetables, I love summer thunderstorms and breathtaking sunsets. And so many good things are happening in July.
What are you grateful for this week? What are you particularly loving? Do you have any great recipes to share? I want to hear it all!
Love to everyone and have a wonderful weekend.
[Thanks to Andy Milford for the fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth photos in this post.]