Forgive me: we’re already on the ninth day of the new year and I’m only publishing this list now. Last year, I had fun sharing my most popular posts of the year with you and it’s a nice way to see what’s doing well on the blog (i.e., what to continue talking about).
My Top Five Posts of 2014
1. Sunday Travel: Being Depressed While Traveling. This is far and away my most viewed post of 2014 (and continues to be viewed everyday), and I published it almost exactly a year ago. Nice to know I’m not the only person who’s struggling with depression on the road. I just hope some of my tips have proved helpful for some of you. One of the most important things to remember is that acceptance and allowance of your state of mind is even more important when you’re traveling, since everything is new and unfamiliar- just give yourself a break.
2. Exploring the Hudson Valley: Wyndcliffe Mansion, Rhinebeck. Thanks to Abandoned Hudson Valley for featuring this post! I love showcasing my husband’s photography and anything old and beautiful. Some people have asked how he managed to get his interior shots, with the state this building is in– the only answer is, enter these sorts of structures at your own risk. The very fact of their hidden nature and inaccessibility is what makes abandoned photography so special and intriguing.
3. Savory Cheesy Spinach and Basil Dutch Baby. I published this in February, and despite its popularity haven’t written a recipe post since. This is also despite my blog name being a tad food-related. I’ve wondered lately if I should change my title. Do you all think Sweet and Savoring applies even if I also talk about travel, mental health, and other passions?
4. How Do You Deal With Anxiety? I’m not sure about this one. Good SEO, I suppose? Also, it was part of the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge, so I’m sure that accounts for some of its popularity. But I have plenty of other posts that go into more depth about anxiety: last week’s, for example, and this detailed panic attack.
5. Blog for Mental Health 2014: Erasing Stigma. That makes three top posts related to mental health! Looks like I’m doing something right? This was part of the Blog for Mental Health Project, and I’m eagerly awaiting the launch of the 2015 edition so I can participate more. On that note, Tamara was published this week on Stigma Fighters with a wonderful piece on her experience with anxiety. Every time someone else talks about their anxiety or depression struggles, I feel a little bit more hopeful and comfortable in my own skin. Thank you also to Kelly and Kristen for sharing recently.
That’s the top five! Thank you all for helping to make Sweet and Savoring what it is, and for sticking with me through my absences. I’m not sure yet what 2015 holds in store for me, but you can bet I’ll still be posting on mental health, visiting some beautiful places, and eating some good food.
*P.S. Thoughts are with the people of France this week. I love the people’s reactions in these powerful photos.
Linking up with Anne at Love the Here and Now for Little Friday Link-up. Join in the fun, I love that there are no rules!